Thursday, February 21, 2013

Another excerpt from Tall Tales and Short Stories From South Jersey

Hello dear readers! As promised, I'm sharing another paragraph or two from our anthology.

                                                                           


                                This one is from author Barbara Godshalk's story Yard Sale


                                                                   


     I do not have memories of being a mall rat. I was a flea market rat. More than likely this was a discovery my parents make early in their married life. They were very young and my father was not good with money. From a buyer's perspective, especially a kid, this was great. I didn't need permission to buy most things since the risk of me spending all I had was low.

    When my parents had their first flea market, it was the beginning of their addiction. People were coming to them and giving them cash for their stuff. Common sense cannot compete in the face of that kind of magic.

This humorous story can be found in the anthology and you can find Tall Tales and Short Stories from South Jersey on Amazon.  http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_15?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=tall%20tales%20and%20short%20stories%20from%20south%20jersey


If you would like to meet with the authors, we'll be at Casciano Coffee Bar & Sweetery on March 1rst from 7 to 10 p.m. Casciano is located on 212 Bellevue Ave. in Hammonton, N.J. 08037 phone# 609-561-2600

There will be a panel discussion and select readings from the book. So come out and join us for a fun night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!