Sunday, January 27, 2013

Interview with the Delightfully Talented K. A. Magrowski

                                                                       
 
 
Author Krista  Magrowski is a member of the South Jersey Writers' Group and one of the writers featured in Tall Tales and Short Stories from South Jersey. So let me take this moment to introduce the delightfully talented Krista Magrowski.


 Story:Apparitions of Murder

 
 
Tell us a little about yourself.


Like many people, I wear a lot of hats - wife, mom, trainer, gamer, and of course, writer.


What got you interested in writing and when did you start?


I've been writing since I started penning angsy poetry as a teenager and have been working off and on since then.One day, I just needed an outlet and I took up a pen and notebook and haven't looked back.


What type of stories do you enjoy writing?


Mostly fantasy and horror. I just finished final edits on my first completed novel and have begun querying agents.


Where do you get your inspiration for your stories?


Usually in the shower. Really! It's amazing how warm water beating on bare skin can inspire me or help solve a plot or character issue. I also read a lot of fiction and non-fiction and get ideas from TV documentaries.


Why did you pick this particular story for our anthology?


I wanted to send in something spooky and local and this fit the bill. I also really liked Dan's character since as a fifty-something widower, he's unlike anything I've written before.


What advice can you give to our readers who are interested in writing and getting their book published?

Read, keep your ears and eyes open to the world around you, learn grammar and spelling. Have fun with your stories. Don't be afraid of falling!



Is it important for new writers to join a writer’s group and why?

I think it's helpful provided the writer finds the right group - people who can be supportive and critical at the same time. This important combination will help the writer grow and not be afraid to make mistakes, to try new things and to keep learning.



http://Kamagrowski.wordpress.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!